Salary: $18.00 to $30.00 /hour
Aspen Welding is seeking an experience Steel Detailer to join our team. This person will be responsible for producing shop drawings of structural and architectural steel. In this position, you will be using AutoCAD to create detailed shop drawings for commercial and residential construction, and custom projects. This is a very exciting opportunity with a growing company!! We are also a Drug-Free Workplace.
- Primary job focus is creation of AutoCAD shop detail drawings from architectural and structural drawings.
- Interpret construction documents in order to create a detailed 3-D model when needed.
- Check all connections for code and structural requirements. Must be knowledgeable with AISC, OSHA, IBC Standards. Must know all steel terminology and concepts.
- Detail all structural and miscellaneous steel. This includes stairs, handrails, and ladders to name a few.
- Create detailed shop drawings for fabrication.
- Create erection drawings and anchor setting plans for field use.
- Create reports to assist other team members.
- Create steel take off from architectural blueprints.
- Coordinate with other team members to ensure quality and schedule are maintained for fabrication and installation.
- Create takeoffs and maintain inventory of steel.
- Maintain clean line of communication between engineers, architects, project managers, general contract, superintendents and the owner.
- Visit job sites and take field measurements, meet with appointed individuals of project.
- Create project schedule based on as built drawings.
- Ability to maintain multiple project drawings at one time.
- Meet all project deadlines for all current projects.
- Must show and maintain a level of professionalism to the standards of our company.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in detailing shop drawings for steel.
- Minimum of 2 year experience in construction terminology.
- Minimum of 2 years experience with AutoCAD
- Contact references from previous projects including drawings produced.
- Familiar with a variety of welder concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Spanish speaking a plus.
Work will be perform the majority of the time in front of a computer and desk. Ability to stay sitting for 6-8 hours a day. Ability to walk through job sites and climb ladders, scaffolds, stairs to field verify measurements up to 3 stories high. Ability to walk through job sites for field measurements in various weather conditions (cold, heat, rain, snow, etc.) The employee must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 50-100 pounds. Lifting devices must be used or help must be requested for anything over 150 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Must be physically fit for walking and climbing (stairs and ladders), and have good vision and hearing in addition to being capable and comfortable visiting industrial environments or job sites.
Required licenses or certifications:
- Valid Driver’s License.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident.