Salary: $15.00 to $18.00 /hour
Aspen Welding is looking for an experienced, and responsible Structural Steel and Architectural Fabricator. Job duties can included: reading blueprints, fabricating, and repairing metal and other weldable material by applying appropriate welding techniques in accordance with product specifications and production schedules. Our fabricator should be able to meet deadlines accordingly and work well with fellow employees. All candidates must reside in the state of Colorado and must have a valid Colorado Driver’s License. No outside of the state candidates at this time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform welding duties.
- Weld steel components with welding equipment as specified by layouts, engineering drawings, work orders, or verbal instructions.
- Experience with using several machines, including, press brake, iron worker, saws, and profile benders.
- Operate forklifts, hoists, hand power tools, slings, grinders, cutting torch, and other hand tools related to the jobs needs.
- Inspect and correct welds as necessary to meet product specifications.
- Read, understand, and follow job order specifications, engineering drawings, and/or work orders.
- Willingness to cross – train and perform the work of other job tasks in addition to the primary assigned position. Work in several projects at the same time with other fellow employees.
- Inspect equipment to maintain functional equipment if any equipment needs repairs notify supervisor/lead or maintenance department.
- Perform a variety of complicated tasks, as required.
- Experience with a variety of welder concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Experience with welding symbols and diagrams, read blue prints, and/or other printed instructional material in the welding of products or parts.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with welding equipment such as torches, torch tips, filler rods, flux, hoses, valves, and gas cylinders.
- Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Demonstrate willingness to work with others in a team environment.
- Positive, willingness to learn and participate in a changing environment to reach a common goal; not to exceed one written warning.
- Must demonstrate professional behavior towards fellow employees, and clients both in shop and on field.
- Valid Colorado drivers license with no traffic violations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have experience 3+ years in structural welding and architectural steel.
- Tape Measurement and Blueprint reading skills a MUST.
- Aluminum welding and heavy equipment manufacturing experienced a plus.
Employees will perform work standing up for periods of 8+ hours per day and up to 5 days a week.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move 100 pounds. Lifting devices must be used or help must be requested for anything over 200 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
HOW TO APPLY:
send us a resume AND cover letter explaining why you would like to work with Aspen Welding, and your qualifications.
Job Type: Full-time